Skip to main content

4 Steps to Clear Skin

-My 4 Step Nightly Skincare Routine-
Hello! So today I’m going to share my 4-step nightly skincare routine that I’m sure gives me clear and almost poreless skin! I been using few Liz Earle products every night for over a year now and I swear by it. People often say to me how clear my skin looks and I suppose that’s partly just down to luck, I never really get any spots and I was fortunate enough to not suffer with acne in school, but it’s also down to the products I use and how I look after my skin.
I tend to apply quite a bit of makeup during the day which means I need a good makeup remover to get it all off, so I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, which brings me to my first step.

-Step One-
I generously apply the Liz Earle cleanser to my dry face on top of all my makeup while I fill up the sink with “hand hot” water. Then using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, I wash the cleanser off which brings all my makeup off too, rinsing the muslin cloth under the tap after every wipe. Once it’s removed all the cleanser and makeup I pat my face dry with just a regular towel. This alone leaves my skin feeling fresh which is why it’s one of all time favourite skincare products.

-Step Two-
Once my face is dry, using a cotton pad, I wipe my face with the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic which gets rid of any additional grease and grime which may build up over the day, it’s also meant to revitalise and sooth tones for skin that glows. It doesn’t include any alcohol products so it doesn't dry my skin out at all, whereas some other cleansers have in the past, such as the Garnier micellar water, I do still use it from time to time but I try to avoid it because a lot of the ingredients are alcohol based, and I can even faintly smell the alcohol when I apply it!

-Step Three-
While my face is still a little damp with the Instant Boost Tonic, I apply the Liz Earle Superskin Face Serum, I can’t say I’m a huge fan of how this cream smells, it’s very earthy, but it works wonders on my skin! I rub it into all areas of my face until it’s absorbed into my skin. A lot of the ingredients in this product (and most Liz Earle products) are naturally derived, including persian silk tree extract which evens the skin tone and pomegranate flower extract to lift and firm the skin, and I can definitely see the pomegranate flower extract working almost immediately after application.

-Step Four-
The product I use for the final step of my nightly skincare routine can vary as I have so many different products, but I always use some kind of face cream, I don’t actually own the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser to complete the full set, but I am very happy with the results of what I’m using at the moment, which is the Radial: Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel, and no, it’s not made from dragons blood, the cream is actually an opaque white colour, not red. I actually received this in the M&S advent calendar last year and have been using it ever since, although I’ve sadly just about run out now so I’ll definitely have to buy some more. The first thing I loved about it was the smell, it has a kind of sweet, orange tangy smell to it which is so refreshing, it also does what it says on the bottle, my skin looks and feels extra plump after application.
After the Radial Gel has been absorbed into my skin I do sometimes use a fifth product, and I’m a big fan of this one too, it’s the Polåar: Instant Eye Contour Energiser. I think I obtained this in a Birchbox a little while ago, I’d never heard of the brand before but eye creams are always very well received by me since I always have dark circles. On the back of the bottle it says “helps eliminate dark circles and stimulates eyelashes growth”, when I read this I was a little sceptical because there are a lot of products that claim to reduce dark circles or make your eyelashes grow so I didn’t really believe it did all that, but after using it for a while I’m so glad I gave it a go, although it doesn’t really eliminate my dark circles it definitely helps my eyelashes grow, to the point where I’ve clearly applied more on my right eye because those eyelashes are visibly longer than the ones on the left! Now I’ll just have to apply more to my left eye.
So, this is the skincare routine I use every single night and I love it, it keeps my skin clear and soft, and it’s relatively quick, I spend about 10 minutes each night doing this. It’s important to find products that really work with you skin type and I’m glad I’ve found my winning bunch and am able to share it with you! Let me know what skincare products you use in the evening and why as I’ll soon be looking for someone to do a guest post! You can find me on Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram and my links to those are in the sidebar.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Hi, love the post! I use the same routine except I don't have the face serum and instead I go straight to the skin repair moisturiser. I've always wondered what the face serum is like, but I didn't want to risk buying it at that price and it not work out. Is it something you'd recommend to add into the routine/repurchase for yourself? ☺️

    https://astrobeks.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thank you for commenting! I think the Superskin face serum is an important step but definitely not essential if you don’t have it, especially as you use the skin repair cream already. I actually got the face serum in a set with a mini skin tonic, the full size cleanser and two cloths and it works out so much cheaper, I think the whole set was about £29, so I’d say buy it in a set with the cleanser once you run out if you did want to try it! 💕

      Delete
  2. I’ve never actually heard of this brand, but seems like a lot of good said about it! I’m trying to develop a routine for my skin, so this was prettt helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love this stuff and would totally recommend, they have a pretty large range of products too, but these are the 3 I use, I hope you find some good products that work just as well for you! Thank you for commenting☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Makeup Tips

-My Life Saving Makeup Tips- As a makeup lover, I’m always trying new products and techniques but there are still little things that bother me, like the way concealer builds up into little lines beneath my eye, or when I accidentally touch my face with the mascara wand after doing a full face of makeup, so I’ve come up with 5 top tips to help up makeup amateurs (or pros)! -Tip One- Removing makeup mistakes Mascara is always the last thing I apply when doing my makeup in the morning, which makes my face more at risk of being ruined by the classic ‘poking myself in the eye and transferring the mascara to my bottom eyelid’, or just being clumsy and touching my face with a wand-full of mascara. I’ve mentioned Garnier’s Micellar water in a previous post and that I don’t really like to use it much, but it is good for getting rid of little mistakes like this one. I put a tiny bit of the micellar water on to a cotton bud and dab the area I want removed until it’s nearly gone (t

Is BADgal BANG really out of this world?