Skip to main content

February Notes

What Did I Get Up To?




This month has been a really weird one for weather, just when I think it’s about to get warmer it’s -5°C and I’m snowed in. So due to our bipolar weather it’s been difficult to plan anything, but I did manage make a few day trips and a weekend anyway to Cornwall between work.

-Walks in the countryside-
I live in an area surrounded by a lot of pretty parks and fields so it would be silly not to take advantage, despite how very cold it was. My partner and I decided to take the dog to Cockington to enjoy the sun while it was out, it’s one of my favourite places just because it’s such a beautiful place (and great for dog walks).
 





-A weekend in Penzance-
Toward the end of February me and my boyfriend planned a weekend away since we’d never been away together. We got there at 2pm and checked in, we found out pretty quickly that it’s very cold and very windy in Cornwall which I wasn’t well prepared for. We did as much sight seeing as we could in the weather conditions, including st Michaels Mount, but unfortunately a lot of the island was closed off due to it being out of season. We stayed in the hotel right on the promenade so the views we had were beautiful even though the sea was so rough the whole time. We only stayed for 2 nights but it was still lovely to get away for a few days.


-SNOW-
For the past few days we’ve had a lot of snow, which is pretty exciting because we NEVER get snow where I live, today it had snowed all day so there was no going anywhere, the roads were completely covered and very slippy, so of course I spent the day looking at and playing in the snow, it’s such a rarety here. I’ll do a post about the snow in a few days because it just so pretty in pictures. The snow it supposed to be heavy all over the uk, with some places having 20 inches of snow! If anyone else has had heavy snowfall I’d love to hear it 💕
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Steps to Clear Skin

-My 4 Step Nightly Skincare Routine- Hello! So today I’m going to share my 4-step nightly skincare routine that I’m sure gives me clear and almost poreless skin! I been using few Liz Earle products every night for over a year now and I swear by it. People often say to me how clear my skin looks and I suppose that’s partly just down to luck, I never really get any spots and I was fortunate enough to not suffer with acne in school, but it’s also down to the products I use and how I look after my skin. I tend to apply quite a bit of makeup during the day which means I need a good makeup remover to get it all off, so I use the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser, which brings me to my first step. -Step One- I generously apply the Liz Earle cleanser to my dry face on top of all my makeup while I fill up the sink with “hand hot” water. Then using one of the Liz Earle muslin cloths, I wash the cleanser off which brings all my makeup off too, rinsing the muslin cloth under the tap after ev

My Top 5 Makeup Tips

-My Life Saving Makeup Tips- As a makeup lover, I’m always trying new products and techniques but there are still little things that bother me, like the way concealer builds up into little lines beneath my eye, or when I accidentally touch my face with the mascara wand after doing a full face of makeup, so I’ve come up with 5 top tips to help up makeup amateurs (or pros)! -Tip One- Removing makeup mistakes Mascara is always the last thing I apply when doing my makeup in the morning, which makes my face more at risk of being ruined by the classic ‘poking myself in the eye and transferring the mascara to my bottom eyelid’, or just being clumsy and touching my face with a wand-full of mascara. I’ve mentioned Garnier’s Micellar water in a previous post and that I don’t really like to use it much, but it is good for getting rid of little mistakes like this one. I put a tiny bit of the micellar water on to a cotton bud and dab the area I want removed until it’s nearly gone (t

Is BADgal BANG really out of this world?